Job Seekers with Disabilities
FIND SERVICES TO HELP YOU GO TO WORK:
- Healthcare - Medicaid for Workers with Disabilities – A checklist for eligibility
- “Ticket to Work” program at the Social Security Administration The Ticket to Work Program provides most people receiving Social Security benefits (beneficiaries) more choices for receiving employment services.
- Personal Assistant Services
- Work Incentives Planning and Assistance– Work incentives allow people with disabilities to keep their cash resources and medical benefits as they work to become self supporting. Click here for more information: www.disabilityrightsidaho.org.
- Idaho Division of Vocational Rehabilitation - Agency that provides vocational counseling to assist eligible individuals with disabilities to become employed.Watch this video on application, eligbility, and VR services. Click here to watch it: VR Orientation Video
- Idaho Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired - Agency that provides vocational rehabilitation services for individuals who are blind or visually impaired and whose vision problems are preventing them from getting a job or may be the cause of them losing a job.
FIND A JOB:
- Disability Program Navigators at the Department of Labor - Information about the Disability Program Navigators that assist individuals with disabilities with navigating the agencies and programs that help them to find employment.
- Idaho Department of Labor - Job seeking tools for all individuals
- Know Your Rights - U.S. Department of Labor Disability Nondiscrimination Law Advisor
FOR EMPLOYERS WHO WANT TO HIRE PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
- Search Resumes - ABILITYJobs is the largest stand-alone resume bank for individuals with disabilities. They help companies fulfill their affirmative action compliance requirements
- Evolve Your Workforce – Connect with the Think Beyond the Label network.
- Questions about ADA? – Contact the Idaho Task Force on the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- What can you do? – The Campaign for Disablity Employment.